Web Content Viewer

Ohio Business Licenses

Various licenses and permits may be needed to operate your business in Ohio in addition to registering with ODT. Depending on the type of business you are starting, certain licenses and permits will need to be obtained from the State of Ohio and also from the local county or city.

For example, if you are starting a cosmetology business you may be required to register with the Ohio Board of Cosmetology. If you are starting a restaurant, you may need to contact and register with the local Health Department.

If your business will have employees, it is important to contact both the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation and Unemployment Compensation ( through Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services) to determine if it is required to register with them.

Bureau of Workers’ Compensation ,
Phone: 1-800- OHIOBWC (800-644-6292
Fax: 1-877-520-OHIO (6446)

Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services Unemployment Compensation
Telephone: (614) 466-2319

Please visit Business.Ohio.Gov for a complete list of licenses and permits for different agencies.

Additional Resources

Additional Resources