In accordance with Governor DeWine’s Executive Order 2020-01D declaring a State of Emergency in Ohio on March 9, 2020, the Department’s Walk-In Center will be available by appointment only beginning March 12, 2020 until the Governor lifts his Emergency Declaration. To make an appointment, please call 855-728-1055 during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday) or email us.
Department representatives continue to provide customer service by email and phone, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please be aware that response and hold times may be slightly longer than usual.
Contact Us / For Help With:
- Individual income tax - call 1-800-282-1780
- Business taxes - call 1-888-405-4039
- Liquor permit - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Municipal net profit tax - email MNPTax@tax.state.oh.us
- Pass-through entity tax - email Pass-ThroughEntity@tax.state.oh.us
- Individual and school district income tax – File, pay, and check the status of your return at ODT’s online services
- If you have general tax questions or need specific account information, please contact us by email or by phone.
NOTE: On March 31 2020, Governor DeWine announced that he is extending the directive that state of Ohio employees work remotely to the greatest extent possible.
Online Notice Response Service
Securely send documents in response to most notices received from the Department
Before You Call
See the items you need to have available for a representative to answer your tax questions
Best Time to Contact ODT
Tips and peak schedules
Taxpayers Living Abroad
Email us your tax questions
Auditor Customer Service Survey
Complete the survey to help our auditors maintain high customer service standards
Check My Refund Status
To obtain the refund status of your current year tax return
Report Suspected Fraud
Reports from the public are instrumental in identifying suspected taxpayer violations
Report Suspicious Email
Report suspicious email communications that may appear to be from the Department
Problem Resolution Office
Have your attempts to solve a problem failed?