The Department’s visitor center is open, by appointment only, during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday). To make an appointment, please call 1-855-567-8292 during normal business hours or email us.
Department representatives continue to provide customer service by email and phone, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please be aware that response and hold times may be slightly longer than usual.
Contact Us / For Help With:
- Individual and school district income tax - call 1-800-282-1780
- Business taxes - call 1-888-405-4039
- Commercial Activity Tax - call 1-888-722-8829
- Liquor permit - email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Municipal net profit tax - email MNPTax@tax.state.oh.us
- Pass-through entity tax - email Pass-ThroughEntity@tax.state.oh.us; If individual or school district income tax related, please contact us by email or call 1-800-282-1780.
- If you have general tax questions or need specific account information, please contact us by email or by phone.
Online Notice Response Service
Securely send documents in response to most notices received from the Department
Before You Call
See the items you need to have available for a representative to answer your tax questions
Best Time to Contact ODT
Tips and peak schedules
Taxpayers Living Abroad
Email us your tax questions
Auditor Customer Service Survey
Complete the survey to help our auditors maintain high customer service standards
Check My Refund Status
To obtain the refund status of your current year tax return
Report Suspected Fraud
Reports from the public are instrumental in identifying suspected taxpayer violations
Report Suspicious Email
Report suspicious email communications that may appear to be from the Department
Problem Resolution Office
Have your attempts to solve a problem failed?