Forms for Use by Local Officials
The Ohio Department of Taxation has established a number of forms for use by local officials in reporting information to the department. Most of these forms should be available at the links below.
As with prior law, the tax commissioner must respond in ten days. To expedite the petition evaluation, petitioners must submit the Transfer Request Form.
Please note, legislative authority alone is sufficient for some transfers. For example, money may be transferred from the general fund to any other fund of the subdivision or the unexpended balance in a bond fund can be transferred to the sinking fund or bond retirement fund from which such bonds are payable without the consent of the tax commissioner. See ORC section 5705.14 for a list of transfers that do not require tax commissioner approval.
- TA-FTP — Fund Transfer Petition Application to the Tax Commissioner, Ohio Revised Code Section 5705.16 (PDF Fill-in).
Traffic Enforcement Camera Reporting
Any local authority that operated or contracted with another party to operate traffic enforcement cameras during the preceding fiscal year must file the following report with the Department of Taxation on or before July 31st of each year. “Local authority” includes any municipal corporation, county, or township. Failure to provide the report in a timely manner will affect the local authority’s eligibility for local government funds. See R.C. 5747.502.
- FY 2021 Traffic Enforcement Camera Report - For use by local authorities that operated or contracted with another party to operate traffic enforcement cameras during fiscal year 2021.
- FY 2020 Traffic Enforcement Camera Report - For use by local authorities that operated or contracted with another party to operate traffic enforcement cameras during fiscal year 2020.
Click here for a list of all current real property tax forms.
- RA-JL Calendar Year 2022— Report on Distribution of Estimated Undivided Local Government Fund for 2022(Word)
- NEW RA-DTA-MH-55 - 2021 — Certification of Tax Reduction Due to Manufactured Home Homestead Exemption
(Revised July 2021) (PDF Fill-in)
With the deadline extension of December 31st to apply for the Owner Occupancy Credit and Homestead Exemption, the submission of “Late Filer” refunds will no longer be accepted. All should be reported as adjustments on the applicable Real Property Rollback, Manufactured Home Rollback, or Manufactured Homestead Exemption certifications.