This page provides links to resources and agencies that can help business owners get started and grow in Ohio.
- Ohio Department of Taxation’s Business Registration Guide – This document will provide an overview on how to register a business with the Department of Taxation and filing requirements.
- Watch Small Business Tutorial
- Small Business Tax Training Manual
- Obtain a FEIN — Businesses that do not have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) should obtain one from the IRS.
- Obtain a vendor's license:
- 1st Stop Business Connection — This Web site, maintained by the Development Services Agency, is designed to help businesses get started or grow.
Register for Ohio Unemployment Compensation here
- Ohio Unemployment Compensation Guide — This publication, prepared by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, addresses wage reporting, taxes, benefits and other issues.
Tax Rate Locator
- The Finder —This online tool is designed to identify the sales, municipal income, and school district income tax rates in effect for every address in the state.
Maintaining and Expanding
- Tax incentives — More information on tax incentives for business is available from the Ohio Development Services Agency.
- Business address update — Changing your business address? Complete this form and send it to us.
- IRS small business newsletter— This weekly electronic newsletter offers useful tax information for business owners, such as deadlines, tips and what's new for federal taxes.