Strict compliance with sales tax laws can be challenging for restaurant owners. This webpage provides information about tax laws and compliance programs, as well as educational resources designed specifically for the Quick Service Restaurant industry. There are ways to reach peak compliance through training, training certification and optional reporting methodology. The following will help explain resources and options available to the industry.
- Quick Service Restaurants Report – A comprehensive report detailing meetings between interested parties and government and how sales tax applies to the quick service restaurant industry
- Guidelines for Quick Service Restaurants – Ohio Revised Code definitions and helpful questions and answers
- Restaurant Compliance Program – A proactive option to help vendors comply with the law and reduce the likelihood of an audit
- Certification Test– Provide for certification within the Restaurant Compliance Program
- Application for Pre-Arranged Sales Tax Filing – An option for vendors to not collect sales tax on sales, but remit directly to the State based on taxable sale items
- Quick Service Restaurants Presentation - A presentation made on July 23, 2014 for the Quick Service Restaurant industry.
- Statistical Analysis – An analysis using data to determine an average taxable to gross sales ratio