Who is Eligible to use Ohio I-File?
You can use Ohio I-File UNLESS you meet any one of the following:
- You are attempting to file an Ohio return prior to tax year 2018.
- You are attempting to file an amended Ohio return.
- You do not have a social security number or taxpayer identification number.
- You are filing a return for a deceased taxpayer as the executor or guardian.
- You have a foreign address or in care of address.
- You are filing from outside of the United States with a foreign IP address.
- You have more than 19 dependents and your filing status is Single or Married Filing Separately.
- You have more than 18 dependents and your filing status is Married Filing Jointly.
- You are entitled to, or have ever taken, a Lump Sum Retirement Credit.
- You are entitled to, or have ever taken, a Lump Sum Distribution Credit.
- You are ineligible for the Joint Filing Credit due to deductions/losses.
- You are using a filing status of "Married Filing Jointly" and both spouses have wages of at least $500, but one or both spouses have deductions that reduce your qualifying income below $500.
- Your filing status is Married Filing Separately and are entitled to the Earned Income Credit
- You are a first time filer with the state of Ohio.