Web Content Viewer

Ohio IT 1040 and SD100 Forms


Most Ohio income tax returns are filed electronically, though paper forms are still available here. The electronic options available for filing an Ohio income tax return are:

Online Services/Ohio I-File

File your Ohio individual and/or school district income tax returns using the Department's website.

I-File allows individuals to electronically file their Ohio returns and pay their liability for free. I-File provides detailed, step-by-step instructions and performs calculations for you to reduce errors and ensure greater accuracy. You will be given a confirmation number and a copy of your return. When using I-File, you do not need to submit any paper documentation unless requested by the Department. For more information, see our FAQs.

IRS e-file

File your returns using approved tax preparation software.

IRS e-file is a way to prepare and file your return electronically with the IRS and Ohio. You can e-file using approved, commercially available software or you can have your return prepared and transmitted by an authorized tax professional. Some programs allow you to include supporting documentation as PDF attachments. For more information, see www.irs.gov/filing/e-file-options. You may be charged for using this option. Certain individuals may qualify for a free federal e-filing program.

Direct deposit: When filing electronically, you have the option to direct deposit your entire refund into one of the following: a checking account, a savings account, an Individual Retirement Account or Annuity (IRA) or an Ohio 529 (CollegeAdvantage) savings plan account. Once your return is submitted, you cannot change the banking information provided for direct deposit. The Department is not responsible for a lost refund if you enter the wrong account information.

Original Returns

If you are looking for an original 2020 or 2021 Ohio IT 1040 or School District form, please visit this link

Amended 1040 Returns

If you are looking for forms to file an Amended Ohio IT 1040 return, please visit this link,

Amended School District Returns

If you are looking for forms to file an Amended School District return, please visit this link.