News Releases - 2009
- Ohio Announces Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program — Dec. 8, 2009
Ohioans with income held in Swiss bank accounts have a one-time opportunity to disclose any unreported income in these accounts by March 1, 2010 and partially avoid penalties.
- Effort to reform Ohio's tax climate reaches new milestone — Oct. 14, 2009
An ongoing, five-year effort to improve Ohio’s business tax climate reaches another milestone this week when the century-old corporation franchise tax comes to an end for the vast majority of Ohio corporations.
- Tax commissioner pleased with Supreme Court decision on CAT — Sept. 17, 2009
Ohio Tax Commissioner Richard A. Levin offered this reaction to the Ohio Supreme Court’s 6-1 decision in Ohio Grocers Association v. Levin.
- Ohio tax commissioner: Income tax revenue fell short in April — May 5, 2009
Income tax revenue into the state’s general revenue fund fell $322 million short of projections during the month of April, Ohio Tax Commissioner Richard A. Levin said today.
- Tax time: Last minute tips and facts about taxes in Ohio — April 15, 2009
April 15 is the deadline for individuals in Ohio to file a state income tax return for the 2008 taxable year. Here are some facts about taxes in Ohio and this filing season from the Ohio Department of Taxation as well as a few last minute filing tips.
- Money tight? File electronically and get your refund fast — March 24, 2009
Taxpayers seem especially interested in getting their refunds fast this year. If you are among them, the Ohio Department of Taxation has some advice: File your return electronically.