Department representatives provide customer service by email and phone, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Contact Us / For Help With:
- Individual/School District Income Tax
- Business taxes - call 1-888-405-4039
- Commercial Activity Tax - call 1-888-722-8829
- Liquor permit - email email@example.com
- Municipal Net Profit Tax - email MNPTax@tax.state.oh.us
- Pass-Through Entity & Fiduciary Income Tax - email Pass-ThroughEntity@tax.state.oh.us or contact us at 1-888-405-4039
- NOTE: Individual investors who have questions regarding the refundable and/or nonrefundable credit reported on their IT 1040 Individual Income Tax Return should call the individual/school district income tax number 1-800-282-1780.
- NOTE: Estates that file the SD100E School District Estate Income Tax Return should call the individual/school district income tax number 1-800-282-1780.
- If you have general tax questions or need specific account information, please contact us via the general email portal or by phone.
- Ohio is a disability inclusion state, view our ADA Title II and Disability Inclusion Notice.
Online Notice Response Service
Securely send documents in response to most notices received from the Department
Before You Call
See the items you need to have available for a representative to answer your tax questions
Best Time to Contact ODT
Tips and peak schedules
Taxpayers Living Abroad
Email us your tax questions
Auditor Customer Service Survey
Complete the survey to help our auditors maintain high customer service standards
Check My Refund Status
To obtain the refund status of your current year tax return
Report Suspected Fraud
Reports from the public are instrumental in identifying suspected taxpayer violations
Report Suspicious Email
Report suspicious email communications that may appear to be from the Department
Problem Resolution Office
Have your attempts to solve a problem failed?