Online Services for Business
This page offers resources for filing and paying business taxes online.
Key online services:
- Ohio Business Gateway - Use the Ohio Business Gateway to register, file, and pay many types of taxes and other transactions — including sales and use tax, employer withholding, commercial activity tax, unclaimed funds, and unemployment compensation tax.
- The Finder - This handy tool allows business owners to look up local income tax and sales tax rates for any address in the state of Ohio.
Tax-specific online filing services:
- Casino Tax
- Commercial Activity Tax
- Kilowatt-hour (KwH) tax
- Municipal income tax for electric light companies and telephone companies
- Natural gas distribution (Mcf) tax
- Sales and use tax - Electronic filing of sales tax returns is mandatory beginning with the first filing period in 2009 for all vendors, regardless of sales volume. Find the method that best suits your needs here.
- Severance Tax
Other online services:
- Business registration - New business taxpayers first need to register. Learn how here.
- TeleFile - To use the Department of Taxation's TeleFile system to file a sales tax return, call (800) 697-0440.